Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A tote for summer days

Last week I tried out stencil printing and i have to say, it's pretty darn easy and fast. Sketch, cut, ink away! I printed over a meter of fabric in preparation for this cute tote bag.  As you can see, I'm discovering a very feminine side of myself that I never knew I had. Flowers? Baby blue? You must be joking! But alas, now I think it's cute.

I had found the patterns online from The Long Thread, a lovely source of inspiration with sewing tutorials. For those who wish to also create such a tote, be mindful that steps 3 and 4 appear to be reversed and inserting the lining is easier done by creating a tube (inside out) and then reversing it to right side out before attached the bag's two sides together. Confused? I apologize, my lack of sewing terminology is keeping me from explaining this with any coherence.

So, with a little tote bag, we're all ready for summer days spent by the pool, the beach, the park or wherever else the warmer days may bring you.


No comments: