Saturday, March 26, 2011

We're bombarded with images, colors, information all day, every day. Non stop. Sometimes I feel the only way to get anything done, I mean really done, is to take the leap and settle on something, anything. It's the only way to avoid rambling on and on, getting lost on the internet, losing countless hours trolling through magazines, city streets, and (insert source of inspiration here) to eventually end up with something equally good as the first image I saw. 

Marimekko. Need I say more? I love the colors. I love the patterns. I love the photos on the site. I love that their products can be spotted a mile away and you just know it's from Marimekko.

Throughout the entire process of my apron production, I was thinking of Marimekko. I wanted large, colorful patterns on an item you can actually use. For the color scheme I came across a colorful little "catchall" in the April issue of Dwell magazine. Again, it was from the infamous Finnish textile giant.
 I set out, with the best intentions, a "look" but the final result of my productivity becomes something organic, somehow changed, improved, (one can only hope) and morphed into something new and slightly off center from where I had originally aimed to be.



No comments: